Monday, December 1, 2014

Welcome to our CRM Analysis of Salesforce.com

This semester as part of the Information Systems and Analytics course which is a core component of the MBA major at Chatham University, our group analyzed Salesforce.com as a customer relationship management system and recorded our finding this team blog site: http://salesforcecrm14.blogspot.com. In order to analyze Salesforce we used a fictional company called IVK Corporation which is chronicled in Austin and Nolan’s book, The Adventures of an IT Leader(2009). In the book we follow IVK and its’ first year with a new CEO, Carl Williams, and new CIO, Jim Barton, both are fictional characters but the story is based on several Harvard Business Review cases. 

Wanying Wu, an MBA major with a concentration in Project Management, says: I learned data management from this course using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and SQL Server, especially Access. The course gave me a basic idea of how to manage data easily, which will help me analyze data in the future. I really want to say thank you to my CRM teammates and appreciate their efforts, I love the feeling of getting works done earlier.”

“This project really taught me so much about leadership.” Says Lisa Sobel-Berlow, an MBA major with a concentration in Entrepreneurial Leadership and Strategy. “I’ve never worked with team members who do not speak languages that I’m familiar. While, I learned a lot about different data management strategies and programs, the team work aspect will really impact my every day life.”

Janessa Parks, who is finishing her Master of Accounting reflects on the course, “I learned all about the various systems companies use to manage data and how critical they are all in running your business, whether it is a CRM, ERP or other. I accomplished help writing a white paper and aided in delivering a sales presentation to promote the use of salesforce, including a cost analysis portion that may be useful in my accounting portfolio. As far as this project benefiting me professionally, the cost analysis section relates directly to my profession in accounting. However, I did learn about ERP's which is most directly related from another group which is what I will be using in my career in terms of accounting information systems.

“Through this project, I learned how to do an analysis for a company and how to evaluate software. We did it step by step and did research in weekly sections. We can now evaluate or assess different information systems well. That gives me important experience about analyzing. And I really appreciated our team leader, she did so many things for group and helped me a lot,” said Huaijin Huang, an MBA student with a concentration in Supply Chain Management, a brand new concentration being offered for the first time in Fall 2014.

14 comments:

  1. It’s always so sweet and also full of a lot of fun for me personally and my office colleagues to search your blog a minimum of thrice in a week to see the new guidance you have got.Block Chain Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring writings and I greatly admired what you have to say , I hope you continue to provide new ideas for us all and greetings success always for you..Keep update more information..

    rpa training in Chennai | best rpa training in chennai

    rpa training in pune

    rpa online training | rpa training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept.
    java training in chennai | java training in bangalore

    java online training | java training in pune

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome article. It is so detailed and well formatted that i enjoyed reading it as well as get some new information too.
    python training in velachery
    python training institute in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visit for Blockchain training in Bangalore:- Blockchain training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some us know all relating to the compelling medium you present powerful steps on this blog and therefore strongly encourage contribution from other ones on this subject while our own child is truly discovering a great deal.keep it up!!

    Android Training in Chennai

    Android Online Training in Chennai

    Android Training in Bangalore

    Android Training in Hyderabad

    Android Training in Coimbatore

    Android Training

    Android Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent read, Positive site, I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work and also get to know about Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant

    ReplyDelete